Tuesday, July 22, 2008

TGIF, Week 1


True Life: I'm Bored.
We just got out of a TWO AND A HALF HOUR MEETING. It wasn't particularly interesting, but very, very long. and we did get lunch, so that was cool. And I made a friend (well, more like a we stood in line for food FOREVER friend, but I'll take what I can get), so that was cool. I somehow managed to end up at the same table as one of the vice presidents so I had to be "interested" the whole time, which was kind of hard, since I was trying to eat, listen, and not fall asleep all at the same time.

Although the director of the international department brought out a replica tribal bridal cap from Thailand. Apparently when a girl wants to get married, she wears this cap and it has bells and ribbons and whatnot.. there are also strands of beads, and each bead represents a cow that she owns, and there are these silver pieces hanging around that represent her dowry. It's SICK. I don't really remember what the relevance was, but who cares??

Yeah. I offically have nothing to do; I went around the ENTIRE DEPARTMENT asking if anyone needed anything, and I am useless. Officially. Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrr, next week is a big member conference in Savannah, so apparently it'll be insane. We make these giant binders for everyone who attends, and each member of the environment team is supposed to submit something for the talk theyll give or something... NO ONE HAS TURNED THEIRS IN. IT IS FRIDAY. THEY LEAVE TUESDAY (not this week, but the week after. But STILL). So we have to pester the heck out of them for those, make a BAZILLION copies, and frantically stuff them in the binders and have them IN SAVANNAH by Thursday.

That should be interesting.

Also, Adam got pink eye. Gross.

No comments: