Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And So It Begins...

All right, so because of my negligent posting, a lot of this is taken from e-mails to friends and the occasional journal entry. I'll try to be more regular... No promises, though.

First day in the office!

Orientation was blah. Basically they showed me around the office, which Quin had already done. The only thing I remember is how to get to the break/coffee room and the bathroom. Kind of. They conveniently scheduled my orientation to be during the department staff meeting, so now I'm just waiting for it to finish and for someone to give me something to do other than sit in a chair and read my book that is fast approaching the finish. Someone did leave white out and post-it notes on my desk though-- two of my favorite things in the whole world, and two things I will most definitely be unable to function without.


There was another intern at the orientation, T.D. from Iowa. He graduated from Yale last year and seemed pretty smug about it. I was like, oh I'm a rising sophomore (PS. Lamest term EVER. Rising?? What on earth) at W&L and he was like oh that's a pretty legit school. 1) Legit is so 2007. 2) Yale= generic, obvious good school. With ridiculous grade inflation. I'll bet your entire family went there the second they stepped off the Mayflower. W&L= way more awesome.

Everyone in the office seems really nice... One of the guys in the department is long-time family friends with Kristin Staffo (the one who's friends with Ruchira and Amy? Freshman Theta? Took Boldrick to My Tie?)

I also got shown around the office twice more, by Cynthia, Quin's assistant, and Gayle, another lady in the department. The sad thing is, I still can't find anything. Now would be a great time for my sense of direction to develop.

PS. Who came up with the term "rising [insert year here]"? It actually doesn't make sense. I'm not rising anywhere, in fact, rumor is that I will actually slump. Super.

No comments: