Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First Date, Finally

How do you say negligent in boy?
First dates are supposed to be a sort of try-out, and information gathering session... Can I stand being around you for more than 45 seconds at a party? Do you have the mental capacity to form complete sentences? Have you ever been introduced to my friend the napkin?

Unless you're me. Then, you'll be dating someone for a few months, somehow without ever managing to go on an actual date.

If you think about it, it's actually kind of an accomplishment. Props to Adam for not letting me catch on until now, and I guess props to me for not caring... Although probably no props because I didn't exactly notice...

Anyways, I got a gift certificate to Outback from work, as a sort of thanks-for-being-our-indentured-servcant-this-summer thing, and I was like wow, I'LL take ADAM on a date, instead of the other way around!

That's when I realized there had never, in fact, been an "other way around".

Regardless, the dinner was a great success (and yes, I thought that sentence in my head with a Borat accent), and using some sort of intuitive skill we managed to use all but like 76 cents of the card. Sweet!

Although someone now owes me a date. Or two. Or 4 months' worth.

No comments: